Alberta Cancer Foundation
CASH AND CARS LOTTERY 2017
RULES GOVERNING OPERATION OF A RAFFLE
- Age limit for ticket purchasers is 18 years and over. Purchase must be made in the province of Alberta. Sellers are to advise all ticket purchasers not to put the name of any individual on a ticket that is under the age of 18.
- All three manual draws (Loyalty, Early Bird and Final) will be under the supervision of Black Fund Development Inc., auditors from Stewart and Associates and the firm of Stride Management Corp. All prizes will be drawn at 3950 – 12th Street N.E., Calgary, AB T2E 8H9 except for the top 10 prizes which will be drawn at the Calgary show home located at 62 West Point Way SW, Calgary. Persons wishing to view the draws may do so by attending at the above location(s) on the draw date(s).
- Joint Lottery Management Staff of Black Fund Development Inc. and Stride Management Corp. and their immediate family members are prohibited from purchasing tickets in the lottery.
- The minimum number of tickets that must be sold or minimum revenue generated before the Lottery is canceled or an extension requested, is any combination of the $75 individual tickets, sets of 2 for $125, sets of 6 for $250 and sets of 12 for $400 that falls under $6,038,250 in revenue or 83% of gross revenue.
- The order in which the prizes will be awarded is from the prize of least retail value up to the prize of greatest retail value, including the Loyalty Draw which will be the first ticket drawn followed by the Early Bird Draw which will be the next ticket drawn followed by the Final Draw for the 3,010 remaining prizes. After each winner is recorded, the stub will be returned to the drum.
- There will be no cash “in lieu of” option unless other wise stated in the prize description.
- Loyalty Draw August 18, 2017, cut-off July 25, 2017; Early Bird Draw September 29, 2017, cut-off September 14, 2017; Final Draw begins October 23, 2017 through October 25, 2017 with the top 10 prizes to be drawn on October 26, 2017, cut-off October 5, 2017. Should all tickets be sold out by the Early Bird cut-off date of September 14, 2017, all draws, beginning with the Early Bird prize will be made, upon pre-approval from the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, on October 10, 11 & 12th with the top 10 prizes drawn on October 13, 2017 under the supervision of auditors from Stewart and Associates, the Black Fund Development Inc. and Stride Management Corp.
- Retail value of all prizes is $4,271,987. Only 144,000 tickets will be sold; 24,000 individual tickets at $75 each, 21,000 sets of 2 for $125, 5,000 sets of 6 for $250 and 4,000 sets of 12 for $400. 3,012 prizes will be awarded.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded - no substitutes. All winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. Any costs associated with the delivery of a prize due to distance or unique circumstances will be covered by the Lottery. Some restrictions apply for the travel prize category. All travel prizes are valid for one year from draw date. Extensions may be granted upon request and blackout dates may apply.
- All winners will be notified in writing by Black Fund Development Inc. and in some cases also by telephone by Alberta Cancer Foundation representatives of what they have won and how to claim the prize. The Early Bird and Top 10 Final Draw winners’ names will be published in major newspapers in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge after all draws have been completed and a complete searchable listing will be posted on cashandcarslottery.ca.
- If a winner cannot be located after a period of one year from the draw date, the prize or equivalent cash value will be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by the Alberta Gaming & Liquor Commission.
- In the event of a winning ticket stub having more than one name the licensee will award the prize to the first name listed on the stub. The licensee and Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission are not responsible for resolving any disputes which may arise from the different individuals.
- If any ticket purchased has been entered in any draw, no refund will be issued after the draw has taken place.
For additional tickets or ticket inquiries please call 1-877-783-7403 or write:
Cash and Cars Lottery 2017
PO Box 340 Station M
Calgary, AB T2P 2H9